Friday, March 14, 2014

The Broken Girl and The Clever Boy - Black

 
 
         I’m not sure how long I’d been there. Ten minutes? Thirty? It seemed like an eternity passed since The Maestro had closed the door. My elbows and wrists were bound in front of me. I’d been given instruction to remain on my knees with my elbows propped on the side table. I’m sure at a casual glance I looked like I was praying. And maybe I was just a bit.
            When I heard the click of the door, my heart raced. I remained perfectly still. Looking towards the door would have been wasteful since I was blindfolded.
            Everything was perfectly Black.
            “You look perfect, girl. Well done. Your instructions are this: You may only answer Me with the word ‘no’. Is this understood?”   
            “No,” I replied without hesitation.
            I could hear the smile in His voice. “Very good, clever little girl.” The richness of his voice touched deep in my chest. The compliment made my heart grow.
            I listened as His feet crossed the room. I heard the hiss from a can of some carbonated beverage. “Would you like a drink?” The Maestro asked.
            The thought of the cool liquid was enticing. “No,” I countered.
            “Is there anyone else you’d rather have here?”
            “No.” It was the truest answer I’d given since He opened the door.
            I could hear Him as He crossed the room to reach me. He stood behind me and drew a line down my spine with the handle of the crop. Despite being surrounded by the Black, I could tell just how close He was to me. His presence always lit me like a bonfire. Just knowing He was close to me was enough to set every part of my body tingling.
            He leaned in behind me and breathed into my ear, “Do you love me?”
            I panicked. “No.” It was a lie. And He knew it.
            CRACK.
            It happened so quickly. The fire spread across my backside, and I flinched from the unexpected punishment. I clenched my teeth and steadied my breath.
            “Do you love me?” He repeated.
            “No,” I replied.
            CRACK
            This time the whimper was out before I could catch it. The Black had somehow gotten darker. I did not move from my knees or take my elbows from the side table.
            “Think on this, girl. I will ask again: do you love me?”
            I hesitated, unsure of what I had done wrong. “No.”
            CRACK CRACK
            Both cheeks were on fire as I felt the lick from each of His strikes. I could feel the panic rising in my chest as I struggled to understand my failure. Despite closed eyes and a heavy mask, I could feel the tears press their way from the corners of my eyes and make their way down my cheeks.
            “Do you love me?” He pressed.
            My voice was a mixture of a choke and whisper. “Yes.” I confessed. My tears were burning my cheeks as surely as the crop burned my backside.
            “Louder.”
            I took a deep breath. “Yes.”
            He plunged His hand deep into my hair and pulled downward, turning my face toward the sky. “Again.”
            “YES.” I said, the honesty of the statement crushing me and filling me at the same time.
            He pulled the blindfold from my eyes. What was pitch before was replaced with glaring light. I blinked several times while my eyes tried to adjust to the sudden shift. “Here is your lesson, girl. Your honesty means more to me than your obedience. You are to never lie about your feelings.”
            He released my wrists and elbows from their bindings and allowed me to rest on my heels. “Does a girl understand why this is important?” He asked as He sat on the edge of the bed.
            “I understand Maestro,” I answered as I turned to place my head in his lap.
            “That’s my good doll,” He soothed while toying with my hair. “Now when you are collected, you shall receive your reward.”
            And my soul smiled.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment